Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Houston, we've had a problem . . . in fact, two problems

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so here goes . . .
This is my VHF array, sadly damaged by all the recent windstorms. The antennas themselves seem to be fine, but as you can see the stub pole is broke, and I'm pretty sure the rotator is shattered too (it certainly isn't working!) So at the earliest opportunity I will need to get my rescue team up to the QTH for some help to repair the damage. I lowered the array this morning to try to prevent further wind damage. To add insult to injury, two of the wires on my hexbeam are snapped, the 12m wire and the 15m wire. Picture below:
You can see the 15m wire dangling down from the hexbeam here.
The wind storms started on St. Stephen's Day and there's been at least one bad wind storm every week since then. My antennas have taken a heck of a battering. Let's hope the rescue team and I can restore them without too much trouble or expense. Here's hoping . . .


1 comment:

  1. there's another one coming, Orange warning from met.ie in effect from 3pm today, till 9am tomorrow morning, stay safe EI3HXB

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.