Friday, July 31, 2009

My new SWL callsign - EI 1597 - has arrived from the IRTS !

I've just received word from home that my official SWL callsign has arrived in the post.

I am now officially known as EI1597 !!!

That is official recognition that I am a Short Wave Listener (SWL), although it does not give me any permission or entitlement to transmit - at least until I get licenced!

So hopefully, I will only be known as EI1597 until October. If I should pass the exam on October 6th, I would then get a full callsign. At least if the unthinkable should happen and I fail, I will still have a "callsign" as such. I can report DX spots to DX Summit as an SWL, and participate in many activities, but at the end of the day I want the licence. So this is very much a temporary identification!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.